The Alliance is a volunteer-run community organization in the Jersey City Heights. We strongly support preserving Jersey City Reservoir #3 as an open, historic green space. Volunteers conduct tours, run school programs, provide boating and nature events, caretake wildlife and clean up the site, and work with the local and state governments as community representatives.
In order to #SaveJCR3 we need to stay afloat ourselves! We are always looking for volunteers to help with any operational needs, as we lack staff. Students are welcome to volunteer, but minors must be accompanied by an adult.
While the Reservoir is closed for restoration, we are focusing on remote and off-site events. If you don’t see anything posted below that interests you, don’t fret! Join GivePulse and our Slack, and tell us what you can do!
Events, Fundraising & Memberships
(Remote & In-person)
While the site may be closed, we’re finding new ways to reach out through events elsewhere in Jersey City, and could always use people to help plan and run these!
- Planning fundraising events online and offline
- Finding new donors
- Helping to manage memberships using GivePulse
- Finding other avenues for funding such as grants, corporate asks, etc. (Bonus points if you’re comfortable training the rest of us!)
- Teaching or being a social butterfly to rep the Reservoir at events
- Photographing events
Marketing & Public Relations
- Assisting with managing and writing posts for our social media accounts
- Graphic design
- Content creators for our website, newsletter, press releases, op-eds, etc.
Our Digital Archive is grant-funded and is simultaneously helping us better record/track important Jersey City history while also giving us a new resource for educational events and exhibits once the site is open!
- Preserving/curating collections
- Writing labels, titles, and transcriptions for images, audio, etc.
- Collecting artifacts/media from around Jersey City
- Translating any content created by aforementioned volunteers
- Create and evaluate surveys and focus group studies
We use Slack and GivePulse to communicate with our volunteers- signup for either Slack are free and can be used in the browser. Slack can also be used directly through email or as an installed app on desktop or mobile.
For further questions regarding volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly.